About the experience:
Learn the ancient ways of clap stick creation. These are not just a musical instruments but have many uses including a weapon, tool, story, dance, and healing practices. We explore each of these in the workshop.
Taking time to sit together, yarn and enjoy some My Dilly Bag Native Brew Tea, you will connect with your pieces and be guided through how to complete the following:
- Journey of the wood - You will receive two up-cycled fallen gumtree clap sticks which are blank, hand burnt and carved - ready to read. Each is unique and has a story.
- Sanding - Using sandpaper fig leaves we gently sand the sticks back.
- Polish - Using a stone we will polish and ready your pieces for painting.
- Practice - create your story on card using traditional symbols.
- Painting with sacred ochre - using your card design as inspiration, paint on your prepared pieces to tell your story which can be healing and significant.
- Bag - you will also make a carry bag to keep your beautiful creations in.
What you'll take home:
- Your two clap sticks can make a wonderful gift or memory to take home and enjoy its many uses.
- You will receive a small take-home gift for you to enjoy.